Assistant Professor of Finance
Address: 5250 University Drive, Coral Gables, FL, 33146. Office: 512-A Jenkins Building
Phone: (305) 284-9489 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Education: Ph.D. in Finance, Wharton. Dec 2010; M.S. EECS, MIT 2003; B.Tech., IIT Guwahati, 2001 (President of India Gold Medalist).
- Housing Price Booms and Crowding-Out Effects in Bank Lending, with Itay Goldstein and Andrew MacKinlay Review of Financial Studies, July 2018.
- Marshall Blume Award in Financial Research (Best Working Paper), Wharton, 2013.
- Managing Performance Signals Through Delay: Evidence from Venture Capital, with Michael Ewens Management Science, June 2018.
- Income Inequality, Tax Policy, and Economic Growth, with Siddhartha Biswas and Rong Hai Economic Journal, May 2017.
- The Real Effects of Financial (Dis)integration, with Rong Hai, Hans Holter, and Serhiy Stepanchuk Journal of Monetary Economics, Jan 2017.
- Carnegie-Rochester-NYU Conference on Public Policy, April 2016.
- Marriage Stability, Taxation and Aggregate Labor Supply, with Hans Holter and Serhiy Stepanchuk Journal of Monetary Economics, May 2015.
- Lead Article.
- Does Shareholder Coordination Matter? Evidence from Private Placements, with Nickolay Gantchev Journal of Financial Economics, April 2013.
Selected Working Papers
- Monetary Stimulus and Bank Lending, with Itay Goldstein and Andrew MacKinlay Revise and resubmit, Journal of Financial Economics.
- Douglas D. Evanoff Best Paper Award, The Chicago Financial Institutions Conf. 2016.
- Can a Platform-Pays Mechanism reduce Credit Ratings Bias?, with Alessio Saretto and Malcolm Wardlaw
- If You Show It, They Will Use It: The “CAPM Heuristic” and Mutual Fund Allocation Decisions, with Alok Kumar, Tobias Muhlhofer and Ravi Sastry
- Financial Statement Complexity and Bank Lending, with Andrew Leone, Miguel Minutti-Meza, and Matthew Phillips
- The Underwriter Relationship and Corporate Debt Maturity, with Andrew MacKinlay
- Credit Default Swaps and Moral Hazard in Bank Lending, with Sudheer Chava and Rohan Ganduri
- Does Source of Capital Affect Investment and Firm Value?
- Shmuel Kandel Award (Outstanding Ph.D. Student in Financial Econ.), Utah Winter Finance 2010. Morgan Stanley Research Award, Wharton 2009.
- Returns to Community Lending, with Vidhi Chhaochharia, Rong Hai, and Prithu Vatsa.
US6807159, EP1202495, JP3721115, DE60110184, CN1319298, and AT293859; assigned to IBM Corp. (Managing power consumption in Bluetooth networks).
Selected Media Coverage
- Top 40 under 40 Business School Professor, Poets & Quants, 2018.
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Master of Science in Finance, University of Miami, 2018.
- Douglas D. Evanoff Best Paper Award, The Chicago Financial Institutions Conference, 2016.
- Marshall Blume Award in Financial Research (Best Working Paper), The Wharton School, 2013.
- Shmuel Kandel Award (Outstanding Ph.D. Student in Financial Economics), Utah Winter Finance, 2010.
- Morgan Stanley Research Award, The Wharton School 2009.
- MIT Ideas Competition, 3rd place (information system for Salvation Army), 2001.
- President of India Gold Medal (for the highest GPA among all graduating UG students) at IIT Guwahati, 2001.
- National Talent Scholar (500 students nationwide awarded by National Council of Educational Research and Training), India, 1995.