Translation, Bilingualism and Translation Technology
International Workshop on Translation, Bilingualism and Translation Technology
Translation technologies are changing the translation profession, raising a whole range of new questions in translation research, in addition to the many issues that still remain to be investigated. The workshop seeks to assess how user- and bilingualism studies can benefit from each other in translation process research, how these different fields of research relate to translation technology, and how they can integrate, adopt and profit from their mutual findings. The workshop brings together internationally recognized researches in the areas of translation process research, user studies, cognitive modelling and translation technology.
The workshop will take place on Friday, July 11. Venue: Spejdercenter Holmen, Arsenalvej 10, 1436, København, Denmark.
This international workshop will be preceded by the Fourth International PhD course in Translation Process Research, (July 7 - July 10, 2014) and followed by the Translation Data Analytics Project (July 13 - August 15, 2014).
Important information and dates
- Workshop date: July 11, 2014 (1 day)
- Workshop fee: 100 euros
- Location: The workshop will take place in the Spejdercenter Holmen, Arsenalvej 10, 1436, København, Denmark.
- Registration & payment: contact Bartolomé Mesa-Lao (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This event is sponsored by:
- Department of International Business Communication (IBC) - Copenhagen Business School
- CasMaCat (Cognitive Analysis and Statistical Methods for Advanced Computer Aided Translation) - EU-funded project 287576 (ICT-011.4.2)
- DSEB (Danish Society for Education and Business) - formerly known as FUHU.