For more information, to join, of if you have any questions or queries about Freemasonry please contact us at: email@example.com
Freemasonry is the one of the world’s oldest non-religious, non-political, fraternal and charitable organisations.
We always welcome new members who live, work or study in the Leicester area and wish to join and become a Freemason.
How do I Become a Freemason and a member of the Castle of Leicester Lodge?
You might think that to become a Freemason is quite difficult. It’s actually straightforward.
You do not have to wait to be invited. If you wish to become a Freemason and join the Castle of Leicester Lodge then simply contact our Secretary, Roger via email.
After you contact us, our Lodge Secretary, will be in touch to arrange a meeting with you to:
- Answer any further questions you may have about Freemasonry
- Discuss the procedure of joining the Lodge
- Show you around our Grade II Listed meeting place on London Road, Leicester.
Why become a Freemason?
Every Freemason has his own reason for joining. For many, Freemasonry acts as a ‘constant’, providing them with a unique combination of friendship, belonging and structure, with many Freemasons saying they have made valuable lifelong friendships. Above all and for most, Freemasonry is simply an enjoyable hobby.
Other reasons include:
- Achievement – progressing through the offices in the Lodge to become Master.
- Brotherhood – making new friends from all walks of life.
- Charity – contribute to deserving causes, both Masonic and non-Masonic.
- Education – learning from peers and mentors by practicing and making speeches.
- Knowledge – finding out about the history and mysteries of Freemasonry.
- Self improvement – making a contribution to your family and society.
What benefits will I get out of Freemasonry?
- Meet people from very different walks of life.
- Satisfaction of helping others less fortunate than yourself.
- Self-confidence and ability to learn increase.
- Not get preferment in your career.
- Not make any more money.
Who can become a Freemason?
- Have a Belief in a God. All religions are welcome and respected.
- Male and normally at least 21 years old. There are special circumstances where those aged 18 years and above such as University students can join.
- Not have a criminal record
How much does it cost?
You don’t have to be well-off to become a Freemason. It costs less than you may think and is comparable to other social clubs and societies.