Photos and historical information about Rahelly townland and Rahelly House. Originally built by Francis Barber, a tenant on the Gore-Booth
Lissadell Estate in 1860 at a cost of £ 8.000, the Rahelly House was
sold in 1885 and an agent to Gore-Booth, J.A Cooper resided
there from 1900-1918. In early 1922 the Republicans used it
as a Barracks. In August 1922 the National troops moved in.
In 1923 the Black and Tans burnt down the main house.
The buildings have been recently restored in 2008.
Click here for more photos:http://picasaweb.google.com/wjbarbernh/BarbersOfRahelly#