Photos and historical information about the Church of Ireland at Drumcliffe also known as St. Columba's are provided here. For more information, contact Archdeacon Andrew Forster, The Rectory , Drumcliffe, Co. Sligo
Tel: (071) 63125
A monastry was founded by St. Columcille here in 574 AD. The visible remains of the monastic site are the High Cross, the Round Tower and the plain Cross shaft. The carvings on the cross depict biblical scenes including Adam and Eve, Daniel in the lions den, the crucifixion and Christ in majesty on the Day of Judgement.
Grave of the Irish Poet William Butler Yeats
The Celtic High Cross at St. Columba's (Drumcliffe Church) was probably built around 1100 A.D.
Click here for more photos: