News and Updates
Spring Grove Ambulance will be hosting its first annual wing feed here at the fire station. Beer, DJ, small games of chance and prizes! There is a 42" smart TV door prize!! Tickets on sale now for $25!!
May 2018- Members go bald for the cause! Spring Grove EMS got a team together for St. Baldrick's to help raise money for children with cancer! The team met there goal of $1000 raised. The Entire event raised over $25000!
- February 2018- New services. Spring Grove EMS has officially taken over Coroner Transports. This is an exciting new adventure the members of our company are looking forward to experiencing. This will no affect availability to our community for emergencies.
- December 2017- Tragically right before the holidays, a local Spring Grove family, a father and 3 kids were devastated with the lose of their mother and fiance. The Spring Grove Ambulance staff, as well as others in the community, found that this was a time for the community to join forces and and support this family during a time of need and mourning. There were multiple toy drives in throughout the borough that raised well over $10,000 and hundreds of toys, articles of clothing, school supplies and much more for the family. We keep the family in our thoughts as they go through this hard time.
- November 2017- Spring Grove Ambulance took delivery of a 2017 Ford sprinter ambulance. Just as they did previously with 4-1 , crews dedicated themselves to outfitting the ambulance and getting it ready to pass credentialing for state licensure.
- October 2017- Spring Grove Ambulance took delivery of a 2017 E450 ( the new 4-1) Coachline ambulance. Crews worked quickly to get the ambulance ready for licensure, so that we could provide a better service to our community.
- December 2016- Spring Grove Ambulance is now licensed as an IALS Unit which allows Advanced Emergency Medical Technicians to perform on their own. We are one of the few organizations in Pennsylvania to provide this service. An AEMT performs the duties of what an EMT does along more aggressive airway management, some medications, electrocardiograms, and Intravenous Access for fluids replacement. This allows our Paramedics to be available for other critical needs.
- December 2016- With a drastic rise in calls for Non-Emergency and Emergency services; Spring Grove Ambulance added a peak truck operation Monday through Friday during peak hours so we can continue to provide 24 hours of Emergency Services to the community.
- November 2016- Spring Grove Ambulance started to provide Non-Emergency Transports.
- November 2016- In a joint effort from North Codorus Fire Department, North Codorus Township Supervisors, and Spring Grove Ambulance; Medic 4 was purchased and placed into Service responding from North Codorus Township Fire Department. The Medic Unit provides a much quicker response to our 7 municipalities where previous response times for a Paramedic were much longer which could make a difference in life or death situations.
- July 2016- Spring Grove Area Ambulance Club hired Matthew Warner as the EMS Chief. Once Chief Warner took position, Spring Grove Ambulance then hired their own Paramedics. Before July of 2016, our Paramedics were always leased or contracted.