Three Year Goals
Goal 1 Curriculum and Learning
Students will engage in technology-rich learning environments and utilize various technology resources to solve complex problems, participate in both local and global communities, and to develop higher-order thinking skills, such as analysis, evaluation, and synthesis.
- Objective 1.1:students will use technology to think critically and solve complex problems
- Objective 1.2: students will use technology to collaborate with people and cultures both local and around the world.
- Objective 1.3: students will use technology to express their individual ideas and publish their work.
- Objective 1.4: students will learn and practice technology skills and ethical use of technologies that will prepare them for the 21st century workplace.
- Objective 1.5: students will learn and practice digital citizenship skills.
- Objective 1.6: students will use technology to engage in local and global community issues, which can include collaborating with parents and community members.
Goal 2 Professional Growth
Educators will use technology to design instruction and create technology-rich learning environments that foster creativity, higher-order thinking skills, and collaboration to create global learners in the 21st century.
- Objective 2.1: educators will receive ed tech coordinator administered technology professional development.
- Objective 2.2: educators will use diverse technology resources to design technology-enriched learning environments which help students obtain their learning goals.
- Objective 2.3: educators will collaborate with colleagues to help create global, 21st century learners.
- Objective 2.4: educators will receive training and be knowledgeable of new technology programs.
- Objective 2.5: educators will learn how to use advanced feedback features using technology when appropriate.
Goal 3 Infrastructure and Connectivity
Seton’s IT Manager will provide continued technology resources, both hardware and software, to faculty, staff, and students, in order to create technology-rich learning environments.
- Objective 3.1: Seton’s ed tech coordinator will conduct a technology needs assessment which evaluates technology strengths and weaknesses in order to provide a clear understanding of overall technology needs.
- Objective 3.2: Seton’s IT Manager will purchase hardware and software to maintain Seton’s 1:1 learning environment within the next 3 years.
Goal 4 Leadership
Seton’s IT Manager, ed tech coordinator, and administrators will receive training to remain up to date with best-practices for educational technology and conduct evaluations to make sure these practices are carried out.
- Objective 4.1: Seton’s IT Manager and ed tech coordinator will provide professional development to school administrators which will establish best-practices and expectations in educational technology.
- Objective 4.2: Seton’s IT Manager, ed tech coordinator, and administrators will participate in ongoing training to stay up to date with technology best-practices.
- Objective 4.3: The ed tech coordinator will conduct evaluations which ensure that best-practices are being carried out.
Goal 5 Communication of Technology Plan
The Technology Committee will communicate the mission, vision, goals, timeline, assessment tools, and updates with the Seton community.
- Objective 4.1: Seton’s ed tech coordinator will publish a website that communicates the contents of the technology plan, results of data analytics, surveys, and updates.
- Objective 4.2: This website will be updated and published to the community once per year.