Q: Where is the camp?

A: Wah-Tut-Ca Scout Reservation is located at 292 Blakes Hill Rd, Northwood, NH 03261

For Scout-mail please include unit and campsite. For staff mail, please include baked goods.

Q: How much do photos cost?

A: Photos are $10 for each one. Please make any special requests regarding photos when checking in with the Camp Director on Sunday. Scoutmasters must collect all orders for photos and pay the camp director in full by lunch on Monday. Photos will be given to the Scoutmasters along with all the advancement paperwork on Saturday morning.

Q: Can Scouts bring a bicycle?


Q: What happens if my Unit is owed money?

A: If your Unit is owed money for any reason please contact the Woburn Service Center. No refunds will be issued at the camp.

Q: When can I arrive at camp?

A: You can arrive at camp any time on Sunday morning. The service center will be open starting at 9:00 a.m.

Q: When should I arrive at camp?

A: We suggest planning to have the unit arrive between 10:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. to be ready to start the tour at noon. Your day will go a lot smoother if all of your Scouts and leaders are ready to leave the campsite to tour by then.

Q: How many vehicles are allowed in the site?

A: On Sundays, leader vehicles will be allowed into the site, one at a time, to drop off gear. However, once they are unloaded they MUST be parked in one of the camp lots. No vehicles will be allowed to remain in the sites without the camp director's permission.

Q: What time is lights out?

A: 11:00 p.m.

Q: Does everyone need a medical form?

A: They sure do. Everyone who will be in camp for more than 12 hours or staying overnight and plans to participate in any of the camp's activities, such as swimming at our waterfront, must have a valid medical form. The Annual Health and Medical Report can be found on the "important paperwork" page. EVERYONE needs a valid form signed by a doctor even if they are staying for less than 72 hours- this is because the event is longer than 72 hours. It does not matter if someone is staying for less than 72 hours- the form signed by a doctor is required.

Q: Do I have to hand in all of my medications to the nurse?

A: YES! Per New Hampshire State law all medications must be kept locked up at the health lodge with the exception asthma inhalers and EpiPens.

Q: Are visitors welcome?

A: Sure thing. We love showing off camp. Just inform all visitors that they MUST first sign in at the Reservation Office and get a wristband. If they're going to stay for meals, don't forget to purchase additional meal tickets.

Wristbands are to be worn by all scouts, leaders, and visitors.

Q: When is the absolute latest I need to have the Unit out of camp?

A: We know you had a ton of fun and don't want to leave, but we really need you to be out by 11 a.m. on Saturday. If you want to stay multiple weeks with Camp Shanawanda- please let us know and we can get you moved into the campsite.

Q: Are there activities adult leaders can do at camp?

A: Absolutely. As an adult you are more than welcome to participate in the area activities following the same rules as all the campers. If you're feeling handy or crafty, the ranger has a long list of projects that need to be done around camp. We also offer Climb on Safely, Leave No Trace, Safety Afloat, Safe Swim Defense classes, and Introduction to outdoor leader skills (IOLS).

Q: Is there internet access in camp?

A: YES! At Wah-Tut-Ca there will be wireless internet available in Northbrook and the Service Center.

Q: What’s the policy on cell phones?

A: Cell phones are allowed to be used while at Wah-Tut-Ca. Please encourage all Scouts to post about how awesome of a time they are having!

Q: One of my Scouts has dietary issues. What do I do?

A: We see all sorts of dietary restrictions every summer and our kitchen staff is great at making sure everyone is well fed and safe while they are at camp. Please make sure to have the Scout and their families fill out the special dietary needs form prior to arrival at camp. We have people in camp almost every week with the more common dietary restrictions (peanut allergies, vegetarian, lactose intolerant, etc.) and typically have food on hand for these individuals. If you have a less common restriction, please get in touch with us ahead of time to make sure we have food on hand or make arrangements to bring your own food if necessary.

Q: Can I bring my own guns or bows to camp?

A: No. No personal bows or firearms are allowed at Wah-Tut-Ca.

Q: Do you accept credit cards?

A: Yes, the Trading Post has a credit card machine, and we are able to accept credit cards for purchases in the trading post or for camp fees, photos, etc.

Q: Who has to wear wristbands?

A: Everyone, except Staff who can be identified by uniform, has to wear a wristband at all times while in camp. Visitors, Leaders, and Scouts will each have different wristbands to distinguish activity level. This is for the safety of everyone so the Camp Administration can verify that everyone in camp is supposed to be there. If you need replacement wristbands at any time during the week, please see someone in the Reservation Office.

Q: Am I allowed to pick up my Scout on Friday?

A: Yes, you are allowed to sign your Scout in and out of camp at any time. However, If it is before Siesta on Friday you will need to fill out an early release form. The Parent or guardian AND the Scoutmaster from the unit needs to be present with the Scout in the reservation office before they will be released from camp. After 2:00 p.m. Friday, Scouts can be picked up at the discretion of their Scoutmaster.