The Congregation of the Sisters, Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary of Immaculata, Pennsylvania, is a Roman Catholic congregation of women founded in 1845. Affectionately known as the IHMs, we are a congregation committed to serving Christ and the Church through the public profession of vows. We live a common life and dedicate ourselves to bringing the word of the Father, the kingdom of the Son, and the fire of the Holy Spirit into the hearts of the people in North and South America.
We live in community, supported and energized by prayer, Eucharistic devotion, and the practice of the vows of chastity, poverty, and obedience. Hospitality, simplicity, service, and devoted charity characterize our life in community. With missions in both North and South America, we embrace a corporate commitment to Catholic education from preschool through college, day care, Montessori, adult education, CCD programs and sacramental preparation.
Our desire to witness and to teach Gospel values and to foster faith formation also finds expression through pastoral work, nursing, spiritual direction, and retreats. In the spirit of St. Alphonsus, whose Redemptorist rule we follow, we are actively involved in promoting peace and justice at all levels and in addressing the needs of the most abandoned.