Dinos believe in UIL
2018 - 2019
welcome to uil!
We are very excited that RRISD is offering UIL A+ Academic Competition at the elementary level again this year. Students in second through fifth grades are invited to participate in one or two events. The Round Rock Learning Community Meet will be on Saturday, January 26, 2019, and students who perform well at the RRLC Meet, will go on to participate in the District Meet on Saturday, March 2nd. Times will vary for specific events and more information will be coming closer to the competition dates. All practice sessions will begin on their specific days starting the week of October 15th. Students will practice for 10 weeks to prepare them for our Round Rock Learning Community Meet.
Each event is available to a limited number of students, and a smaller team that will compete at the meet will be selected in December. All students will be expected to study and practice for their event at home. Specific grade level, coaches, practice schedules, and resources are located for each event competition is located on the corresponding tab at the top. The deadline for registration is Monday, October 5th. If you have any questions or comments, please contact our Deep Wood UIL Coordinator Mrs. Seale at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-464-4431.
events for this year
- Creative Writing- 2nd grade students
- Storytelling- 2nd and 3rd grade students
- Chess Puzzles- 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students
- Spelling- 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students
- Music Memory- 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students
- Ready Writing - 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students
- Number Sense- 4th and 5th grade students
- Oral Reading- 4th and 5th grade students
- Art - 4th and 5th grade students
Saturday, January 26th- Round Rock Learning Community Competition (Location TBD)
Saturday, March 2nd- District Competition (Location TBD)