Rescue Crew - Now Recruiting
If being part of the rescue crew appeals to you, and you are:
- 19 years or older;
- able to commit at least 2 years to the unit;
- able to meet the physical demands of hours on the water in rough conditions;
- able to respond to calls at the Gibsons Harbour station location within minutes while on call; and
- a holder of a PCOC licence,
consider becoming part of the Gibsons Search and Rescue team.
Your training will include professional instruction in:
- Boat handling;
- Navigation (using both chart plotters and radar);
- Marine First Aid;
- Marine safety;
- Search Techniques; and
- Rescue Operations.
We are currently recruiting for new rescue crew volunteers for our fall 'new crew' training program.
Below is an image of our operational area.