Summer 2020 Camps
- REGISTRATION LINK
- All camps have varying times to aide in distancing rules. Please read the class description carefully.
- Boats are provided for all introductory level classes. Boat ownership needed for Race Teams.
- Professional coaching
- All sailors must wear a US Coast Guard approved life-jacket
- Safety boat is present for all sessions
- All camps will be run out of PY-Westpoint.
- Cancellation Policy: A processing fee of $50 will be applied to any cancellations. No refunds within 2 weeks of class start date.
- PYSF Scholarships are available to help PYSF achieve its mission to be a community sailing group that teaches sailing regardless of ability to pay. To apply for a scholarship, complete the PYSF Request for Scholarship. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Family Nights are from 5pm-8pm on July 10 and July 31. *More info to come as we get closer to summer*
- We encourage our sailors to "intern" as Junior Instructors. If your sailor is interested in this opportunity, please contact Molly.
This is a fun, in-depth FOUR-week camp that teaches the basics of sailing. Time will be spent both on land, and on the water learning wind direction, boat nomenclature, knots, and basic sailing techniques. Although no experience is necessary, sailors must be comfortable in the water while wearing a life jacket. Camp is Mon-Fri 9am-3:30pm. Ages 8-11. $2,000 per camp.
- Camp 1: June 29 - July 24 *FULL
*Some kids pick up the sport quickly, while others may repeat learn-to-sail multiple times before advancing. Your instructors will update you on the sailor's progress towards the end of the course. This class does not compete in regattas.*
Opti Intro-to-Race/Green Team
For optimist (or equivalent boat) sailors who understand the basics of sailing and want an introduction to racing skills. This class is appropriate for all Green Fleet sailors as well. This class precedes the Opti Race Team (Champ Fleet). Boats provided. Camp is Mon-Fri 9am-4pm for FOUR weeks. Ages 8-11. $2,000 per camp. *Sailors that are ready are encouraged to participate in the BAYS Series Regattas in Green Fleet.
- Camp 1: June 15-July 10 *FULL
- Camp 2: July 13-Aug 7 *FULL
Opti Race Camp
This FOUR-week camp is for sailors who are competing in Champ Fleet in the Optimist. Camp is Tues-Fri 3pm-7pm. Ages 10-15. $1,500 per camp. (We encourage our sailors to volunteer as Junior Instructors throughout the summer, when not in camp. Please inquire with the Director.)
- Camp 1: July 13-Aug 7 *2 spots remaining
- All regattas for the summer are currently canceled/postponed.
FJ Intro Camp
This FOUR-week class serves two types of kids in our program. For those that are just finding our sport and have aged out of the Learn-to-Sail group. As well as sailors who have outgrown the Optimist and want to learn how to sail a bigger boat. No experience necessary. Boats provided. Camp is Mon-Fri 9am-4pm. Ages 11-15. $2,000 per camp. *This class precedes 420/Laser Camp.
- Camp 1: Camp 1: July 13-Aug 7 *FULL
*Some kids pick up the sport quickly, while others may repeat FJ Intro before advancing to 420 Intermediate and/or High School Race Team. Your instructors will update you on the sailor's progress towards the end of the course. This class does not compete in regattas.*
420/Laser Intro Camp
This FOUR-week camp is for sailors who have completed FJ Intro (or equivalent) and/or High School Sailing that want to learn how to handle the 15 ft. singlehanded Laser and the two-person C420. Sailor MUST be a competent skipper (able to tack, gybe, dock successfully). Boats provided. Camp is Mon-Fri 9am-4pm. $2,000 per camp. Ages: 12-18. Those interested are encouraged to compete in the BAYS Series (with Director approval).
- Camp 1: June 15-July 10 *FULL
420 Race Team
This summer we will have four THREE-week camps of practice at PYSF for the Race Team (*newest health order). To adhere to the smaller class sizes, and social distancing rules, our practice will be limited to a max of 12 people, 6 C420s. Camps will run Monday-Friday from 4:30-8pm. $1,500 (*$1400 for boat owners) per camp. Must be current Race Team members, or have permission from the Director to enroll.
- Camp 1: June 8-June 26 *FULL
- Camp 2: June 29-July 17 *FULL
- Camp 3: July 20-Aug 7 *2 spots remain