School begins at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 2:20 p.m. daily.
Free breakfast and lunch are available every day to all students.
Mr. Salil Paingankar, Principal
Ms. Joni Southard, Assistant Principal
Ms. Antoinette LaBella
Together for Children
Home of the Huskies!
Visiting Our School
Our beautiful school yard is complete!
Updates from Mrs. LaBella, Parent Coordinator
Middle School application closes on December 8th
If you still have your card, check it out.
To get your P-EBT card number you can call the P-EBT center at 844 673-7328 Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm.
Remember you had to have a child registered in Kindergarten and up during the 2020 school year.
Health Guidance and Resources for Families — Tips for Staying Healthy (opens in a new window)
NYC My Student Account
P.S. 236 Cellphone Policy (Updated November, 2023)
I understand that many of you have given your child a cellphone or a Smart Watch, especially in grades 4 and 5. I understand that many children go to afterschool programs, take public transportation, or walk home and need to have one for safety and communication.
After consulting with the School Leadership Team, we have come up with the following cellphone/smart watch policy:
• Students may wear a Smart watch but may not use it to take pictures or call, text or communicate with anyone including parents during the school day. If your child needs to call you they will go to the main office and we will make the call.
• Students that have a cellphone must keep their phone in their backpacks for the whole day. They may not bring the cellphone to lunch, walk around hallways or the bathrooms.
• Students are not allowed to take pictures, videos, post on social media sites, make calls, play games and text during the school day.
• Students are not allowed to pick up the phone during the school day, even from a parent. If you need to tell your child something please call the school or Parent Square the teacher.
If a student violates the cellphone policy we will follow are consequences according the NYCDOE Discipline code and implement the following depending on the violation.
• The teacher will take the phone away and return to the student at the end of the day. The teacher will also notify the parent/guardian. • The teacher will take the phone away and a parent/guardian must pick up the phone.
• The student will have to give their phone to the main office everyday and pick it up at the end of the day. • The student will be banned from bringing in their device for a period of time depending of the violation.
Please monitor your child’s phone. Check their browsing history and monitor group chats. Please note that we take all threats/bullying on a device very seriously and will call the police. Together we can ensure the safety of your child. Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions please contact Ms. LaBella. firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (opens in a new window)
Statement on Accessibility: We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidlines 2.0
If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact the webmaster.