New Student Registration
WELCOME! BIENVENIDOS! BEM-VINDOS! BYEN VENU!
Virtual Registration for the 2020-2021 School Year
We look forward to welcoming you to Wheeler High School in August 2020! At this time we are only offering virtual registration and enrollment meetings. If this is a concern and you need assitance, please contact Susan Acedo at Susan.Acedo@Cobbk12.org
Steps for enrolling a Current Cobb County Transfer Student:
- Parent should login to ParentVue
- Update your address by selecting "Change My Information" in My Account
- Then you will "Modify Home Address"
- Then you will need to upload a Current Lease or Deed and a current utility bill
- Contact your previous school to approve the address the change
- Contact Susan.Acedo@cobbk12.org to confirm enrollment and schedule a virtual registration appointment
For more information, please find the steps to complete this here: Address Change in ParentVue
Steps for enrolling a new to Cobb County Student:
· REGISTER ONLINE HERE You will need to have ALL required documents scanned and ready to upload. (see list below). Important note: the person that fills out and signs the online documents will become the 'enrolling adult' for your student. This person must virtually attend the enrollment appointment. YOU MUST COMPLETE THIS STEP BEFORE A ZOOM APPOINTMENT IS SCHEDULED.
· The following documents are required of all students prior to being enrolled in the Cobb County School District and Wheeler High School:
o Two Proofs of Residency (must reflect enrolling adult's name and current address): One MUST be EITHER current, not expired, signed lease OR mortgage document (dated within 1 month); One MUST be current utility bill (dated within 1 month)
o Proof of birth (birth certificate, passport, etc.)
o Social Security Card
o Certificate of Immunization--Georgia Form 3231
o Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental and Nutritional Screening--Georgia Form 3300
o Withdrawal Form from previous school
o Discipline Report
· SCHEDULE A VIRTUAL APPOINTMENT to meet your student's counselor and to discuss choosing core and elective classes. You will be able to schedule this enrollment appointment ONLY AFTER you have completed online registration (step one) AND you have successfully uploaded all 5 documents requested above. A 30-minute enrollment appointments will take place by Zoom or by phone on the following dates between 8:00am and 12pm. When you are ready to schedule your enrollment appointment, email Susan Acedo at Susan.Acedo@cobbk12.org OR Emily Nixon at Emily.Nixon@cobbk12.org
· NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION DOCUMENT Please complete this form before your scheduled counselor appointment to help counselors prepare in advance for your appointment.
· A list of electives will be sent to you upon scheduling an appointment. Your child will be asked to select 8 electives to enter.
Transcript of classes from previous school (Please note that if you do not have a transcript or proof of class completion, your student will be placed in 9th grade-level classes until proof of grade level and class completion is received. Incoming 9th grade students must have proof of promotion.
SAVE ALL DOCUMENTS THAT YOU SCANNED. YOU WILL BE ASKED TO BRING COPIES OF THOSE DOCUMENTS TO WHEELER AT A TIME IN THE FUTURE THAT IS DEEMED SAFE TO DO SO.
Steps to Withdraw a Student at Wheeler High School:
The enrolling adult must email a copy of their photo ID, Student Name, and Date of Birth to firstname.lastname@example.org. The enrolling adult should also include what school or organization will be contacting us for records.
Parent will receive withdraw confirmation and official academic records will be sent to the new school directly, once the school has official requested records via fax 770-578-3282 or via email at email@example.com
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT SUSAN ACDEO AT firstname.lastname@example.org TO DISCUSS YOUR ENROLLMENT.
Please read additional information below about enrollment below regarding what is needed.