Week 38 - Friday 12th July 2019
Welcome to our weekly newsletter. Its been another busy week in Oldcastle.
Our year 6 children provided some fantastic entertainment for parents, grandparents, teachers and children in their end of year production - Robin Hood. The children and teaching staff have worked so hard to put on such a fantastic play - well done to everyone involved. Of course the show couldn't go on without the support of parents / grandparents who provided the amazing costumes. We will now be approaching the last week that our year 6 children will attend Oldcastle and we look forward to celebrating their time at Oldcastle with a Leavers Assembly next Thursday at 1.30pm - parents are invited to attend.
Bridgend Show Trip
We have had a great day at Bridgend Show today thank you to all teachers, parents and children for helping to make the whole school trip such a great success.
Our nursery and reception children took part in their sports day activities in the main arena and it looked like great fun was had by everyone. Nursery children also paraded with their teddies for the Teddy Bear parade. Well done to Faith and Henry for winning best in show teddies.
All children were treated to 2 fairground rides and an ice cream as part of their visit, and were able to experience all the displays and exhibitions at the show. Our year 6 children also sold a range of products at the show as part of their enterprise project. The children had a range of local honey, reusable lunchboxes and mugs, local fudge, and goat milk soap.
We would like to thank Bridgend Show and Glamorgan Smallholders for being so accommodating to all of our children. Lots of smiling faces were seen throughout the day.
Our Twitter page has been updated with a range of photos from the day. @oldcastleschool
Be Internet Legends
Children in years 2 to 6 were treated to a very informative educational internet safety session on Tuesday this week. The Be Internet Legends programme is an educational programme developed by Google and the online safety experts at Parent Zone. Children learnt to :
- Be internet sharp and think before you share
- Be internet alert and check its for real
- Be internet secure and protect your stuff
- Be internet kind and respect each other
- Be internet brave and discuss with parents or a trusted adult
Our digital leaders accepted a certificate on behalf of the school.
School Savings Club
School savings club has now finished for this school year. Thank you to everyone that has supported the savings club throughout the last year. Special thanks to Mr Faulkner from the Credit Union, Mrs Evans and the children from year 4 who run the club. School Savings Club will start again on Wednesday 4th September 2019.
New class arrangements September 2019
- Miss Hughes
- Miss Williams
- Miss Walters
- Mrs Morcom-Lewis (current class RSW)
- Miss Vaughan (current class RBW)
- Mrs Roberts (current class 1M)
- Miss Lewis / Mrs Guy (current class 1ML)
- Miss Davies (current class 2R)
- Mrs Brotherton / Mrs Burr (current class 2E)
- Mr McNally (current class 3L)
- Miss Craven (current class 3ND)
- Miss James (current class 4J)
- Miss Jones (current class 4C)
- Mrs Coleman (current class 5C)
- Mrs Evans (current class 5J)
We will arrange a meet the teacher event in September when the children are settled into their new classrooms.
Oldcastle Primary School are on Twitter - the page is regularly updated with news and activities that take place in school. @oldcastleschool
Due to our whole school trip to Bridgend Show an assembly was not held today.
- Tuesday 16th July - Reception trip to Seaquest, Porthcawl
- Thursday 18th July - Year 6 Leavers Assembly at 1.30pm
- Friday 19th July - School Term Ends
- Inset Day - Monday 22nd July 2019
- Monday 2nd September - Back to School - school starts at 8.55am
Inset Days 2019/20
- Monday 4th November 2019
- Tuesday 5th November 2019
- Monday 1st and Tuesday 2nd June 2020
- Monday 20th July 2020
Bridgend Council term dates can viewed here.