Music at Neary
School Band & Orchestra magazine is running an essay contest asking your child to answer the question, How does your musical instrument match your personality? in 250 words or less. There will be five $1000 scholarships awarded to students in grades 4-8 (and another five for high school students if you have any 9-12th graders who would like to participate), as well as a matching $1000 to the Neary Music Program. Given who is running the contest, I believe your child has to pick his or her band or string instrument (not piano/guitar/etc.).
Entries are due by December 31st!
Save the dates!
- Tuesday, November 19th at 2:30pm - Neary & Trottier combined Chorus rehearsal @ Trottier MS
- Thursday, December 5th at 7:00pm - Neary & Trottier Chorus Concert @ Trottier MS
- Thursday, December 12th at 7:00pm - Neary Orchestra & 2nd Year Band Concert @ Trottier MS
- Thursday, January 9th at 7:00pm - Neary Beginning Band Informance @ Neary
- Tuesday, May 26th at 7:00pm - Neary & Trottier Orchestra Concert @ Trottier MS
- Thursday, May 28th at 7:00pm - Neary & Trottier Chorus Concert @ Trottier MS
- Tuesday, June 2nd at 7:00pm - Neary Band Concert @ Trottier MS