Parking Lot Procedures
All parents/visitors to Lewisporte Academy will use our lower parking lot for pick-up/drop off/visiting to the school. Please refer to the traffic flow plan below for Lewisporte Academy. The upper parking lot will be parking for staff/teachers only.
Our buses are now dropping off and picking up at the back of the school. This move provides additional parking at the front of the building. Please follow the traffic plan as outlined.
Drop Off and Pick Up of Children
- If you are dropping off your child you have to park in the lower parking lot of the school. Children will enter the school through our main doors
- If you are bringing your child into the building please park in the middle of the parking lot.
- If you are dropping off please follow the traffic flow to the sidewalk area of the school before letting your child out of the vehicle. You are asked to do so in a timely manner to ensure traffic flow continues and you are not holding up the line.
- Patience is needed both during the mornings and evenings as our parking lot is very busy.
- We encourage all students who are eligible to use the bus to do so. This will reduce congestion in the drop off/pick up area.
- School doors open at 8:35 in the morning. This is our bus arrival time and when teacher supervision begins.
- If you are picking up your child please park in the lower parking lot. A teacher will bring your child to you at the front entrance. In the afternoon, pickup will be between 2:40-2:45.
- ** The upper parking lot is for staff only.