*May 2nd --------Kindergarten Photos
*May 3rd---------Spring Photo Session (schedule to follow)
*May 11th-------School Survey for Parents is due (sent via email)
*May 14th-----Kindergarten registration is open (see information below);'
*May 18th----- School closed for a Staff Professional Development session
*May 21st-----School closed (Victoria Day Holiday)
The staff and students of Lewisporte Academy extend a sincere thank you to all volunteers.
To those who gave up their valuable time to help the school in any way, throughout the course of the year, your time and efforts are greatly appreciated. Thank you all very much !
Spring Photo - Thurs. May 03
Students, Parents and Staff are reminded that pictures will be taken at the school on Thursday, May 3rd.
Period 1 (8:55-9:35) Mrs. Burden/Mrs. Burton Grade 6 classes
Period 2 (9:35-10:15) Mrs. Rich/Mrs. Mullett Grade 2 classes
Period 3 (10:30-11:10) Mrs. Kane/Miss Fudge Kindergarten classes
Period 4 (11;10-11:55) Mr. Kinden/Mrs. Clarke Grade 1 classes
Period 5 (12:35-1:15) Mrs. Spurrell/Mrs. Lake Grade 4 classes
Period 6 (1:15-1:55) Mr. Langdon/ Ms. Vatcher Grade 5 classes
Period 7 (1:55-2:45) Mrs. Kippenhuck/Mrs. Simms Grade 3 classes
2018 Heritage Fair
Congratulations to all students who participated in this year's Heritage Fair. The Grade 5 students of Lewisporte Academy did a tremendous job in preparing for this successful event.
The students and staff of Lewisporte Academy are very proud and congratulate all participants on a job well done!
2018 Regional Heritage Fair participants (left-to-right): Andrew Simms, Jordan Payne, Thomas Pardy, Jayden Hanrahan, Rachel Budden. (missing from photo: Parick Scammell)
In August 2012, 17 educators in Newfoundland and Labrador (NL) embarked on a two-week long institute to explore the possibilities of Relationships First: Restorative Justice in Education. Beginning with an exploration of their own core beliefs and values, the educators dug deep to reflect on the many relationships that make up their school community and began their journey toward creating and sustaining healthy, inclusive relationships in schools. Since then, many others involved in education in NL have discovered the benefits of restorative justice in schools. In 2014 Relationships First: Restorative Justice in Education Consortium* was formed and engaged a wide variety of education stakeholders within and outside of the traditional schooling systems.
www.relationshipsfirstnl.com is a website is designed as a resource to help us in our journey toward building healthy, inclusive school cultures by putting Relationships First.
Online Registration for Kindergarten for September 2019 (Kinderstart for September 2018) will begin in May 2018 for both the English and Early French Immersion programs. Specific dates and times are found below.
Children must be five years of age on or before December 31, 2019 in order to register.
Please note this registration process is for children who will attend Kinderstart in the upcoming 2018-2019 school year and Kindergarten in the 2019-2020 school year. Children registered in Kinderstart will automatically be registered to attend Kindergarten in September 2019.
Kindergarten Online Registration
You will need the following in order to complete an online application:
- MCP number including expiration date;
- An email address in order to receive confirmation of receipt of your application;
- Contact phone number and an emergency contact phone number; and,
- An Internet-ready device
To complete the registration process, proof of address and confirmation of MCP number must be provided in person at the designated school on or before May 31, 2018.
Registration Dates and Times
- For the Avalon Region, online registration will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, May 9, 2018 and remain open until 9:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 10, 2018.
- For the Labrador, Western and Central Region (includes Burin and Vista), online registration will begin at 9:00 a.m. (8:30 a.m. in Labrador) on Monday, May 14, 2018 and remain open until 9:00 p.m. (8:30 p.m. in labrador) on Tuesday, May 15, 2018.
- To complete the registration process, proof of address and confirmation of MCP number must be provided in person at the designated school on or before May 31, 2018.
- Any parents/guardians requiring Internet access or technical support may visit their zoned school during registration times for assistance. Please contact your zoned school by May 3, 2018 to arrange assistance during the registration process.
- Any parent/guardian having registration issues (questions on the registration process, details to provide, or errors in the data submitted) while completing the form on registration day may contact/visit their zoned school for assistance.
Gander Kiwanis Music Festival
CHOIR GETS FIRST PLACE !!!
Congratulations to The Lewisporte Academy Elementary choir on their performance at this year's Kiwanis Music Festival. The choir received a mark of 89, and was awarded FIRST PLACE in its class. Mr. Reid and the rest of the staff and students at Lewisporte Academy are very proud of the hard work put in by these dedicated musicians. Bravo !
SCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT:
The role of a school, staff and administration of Lewisporte Academy is not only to pursue academic excellence but to motivate its students to be life-long learners. We foster an environment of collaboration and cooperation as we strive to improve our school daily.
Lewisporte Academy continues to strive toward a safe and caring environment for all students. It is our goal to promote and encourage inclusive policies that encompass our full school community.
The talents, skills, and abilities of each student need to be identified and encouraged so that he/she is able to reach their potential.
- Grade One
- Mr. Jody Kinden
- Mrs. Kristen Clarke
- Grade Two
- Grade Three
- Instructional Resource Teachers
- Guidance Counsellor
- Miss Candy Owens
8:50 - 8:55: Home Room
8:55 - 9:35: Period 1
9:35 - 10:15: Period 2
10:15 - 10:30: Recess
10:30 - 11:10: Period 3
11:10 - 11:55: Period 4
11:55 - 12:35: Lunch
12:35 - 1:15: Period 5
1:15 - 1:55: Period 6
1: 55 - 2:35: Period 7
2:35 - 2:45 : Dismissal
LEWISPORTE ACADEMY BUS DRIVERS:
- MR. FOSS: LEWISPORTE UPTOWN/ROAD TO THE ISLES
- MR. KOHLHAUSER: EMBREE/LITTLE BURNT BAY
- MR. DAY: STANHOPE/PORTERVILLE/BROWN'S ARM/LAURENCETON
- MR. MORGAN: LEWISPORTE DOWNTOWN
- MR. FROUDE: MORNING UPTOWN LEWISPORTE
SCHOOL CAFETERIA: CHARTWELLS
YOU CAN NOW ORDER YOUR CHILD'S LUNCH ONLINE WITH CHARTWELLS!!!! CLICK ON THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE TO VIEW THE CAFETERIA MENU OR ORDER ONLINE!