Work Permit

Work Permits


1. If you live in the Newport School District, pick up the Application for Work Permit form in the NHS Guidance Office. The application has two parts: School section, Parent section

2. Your parent or guardian must sign the Application and fill in their address.

3. Return the signed Application to the Guidance office along with a copy of your birth certificate where an actual, official Work Permit is prepared.

4. You will receive a blue card that you will keep in your wallet. The employer can make a copy of your blue card for their files but you will physically keep the card with you.

Note: Under the new law Act 151, you may be denied a work permit during the school year if it is determined you are unable to maintain adequate academic achievement.