University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
November 13-17, 2018
- General Chair: Jonathan Rowe (NC State)
- Program Chair: Gillian Smith (Worcester Polytechnic Institute)
- Local Chair: Vadim Bulitko (Univ. of Alberta)
- Doctoral Consortium Chair: Stephen Ware (Univ. of New Orleans)
- Workshops & Tutorials Chair: Jichen Zhu (Drexel Univ.)
- Playable Experiences Chair: Ben Samuel (Univ. of New Orleans)
- Artifact Evaluation Co-Chairs: Chris Martens (NC State) & Rogelio Cardona-Rivera (Univ. of Utah)
- Publicity Co-Chairs: Arnav Jhala (NC State) & Jo Mazeika (UC Santa Cruz)
- Industry Chair: Alex Zook (Blizzard)
The 14th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Interactive Digital Entertainment (AIIDE'18) will be held at the University of Alberta in Edmonton, AB, Canada on November 13-17, 2018. AIIDE'18 is the fourteenth annual conference and the seventeenth overall event sponsored by AAAI on the topic of AI and interactive entertainment.
AIIDE is the definitive point of interaction between entertainment software developers interested in AI and academic and industrial AI researchers. Sponsored by the Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), the conference is targeted at both the research and commercial communities, promoting AI research and practice in the context of interactive digital entertainment systems with an emphasis on commercial computer and video games.
AIIDE'18 will include invited speakers, research and practitioner presentations, panels, playable experiences, project demonstrations, interactive poster sessions, product exhibits, workshops, tutorials, a doctoral consortium, and for the first time, an artifact evaluation. We invite researchers and developers to share insights and cutting-edge results from a wide range of AI-related problems and encourage the presentation of a) results from core AI research areas applicable to interactive digital entertainment and b) AI approaches developed and fielded in commercial systems.
This year's conference features a special topic of "Situated Entertainment." In addition to general topics of interest in entertainment AI, the conference program will feature speakers, panels, and paper sessions that focus on directly engaging with social, cultural, and physical contexts for AI in interactive digital entertainment.
May 18, 2018: Workshop/Tutorial Proposals
June 21, 2018: Paper/Demo/PE/DC Deadline
June 28, 2018: Papers and Demos Deadline
July 2, 2018: PE and DC Deadline
August 3, 2018: Acceptance Notifications
August 10, 2018: Artifact Evaluation Deadline
August 29, 2018: Camera Ready Deadline
November 13-17, 2018: AIIDE-18 Conference
To be announced.