1. New choir merchandise and 2019 calendars are available for pre-order until December 5! Please print this form, fill it out, and return it to the choir room with cash/check payment.
2. Please note all of our December rehearsal and performance dates. They are all on the Calendar page of this website. We have a very busy month ahead!
3. Pop Idol auditions are open! The singing contest, held on January 11, is open to both HS and MS students and winners in each division will receive a cash prize. More information can be found on the Pop Idol page of this website.
4. We sent 15 singers to Senior Districts auditions on November 17. Congratulations to Nicole M, Amber L, Julia R, and Ben B for their acceptance into Senior Districts! The festival is held at Boston Latin School January 4-5. Nicole, Amber, and Julia also qualified for All-State auditions, held at Shrewsbury HS on January 26. All paperwork and information was e-mailed to these singers and their families.
5. Junior District auditions are coming up on January 12. Ninth graders are eligible and encouraged to audition. Students received an e-mail from me with a Google form to indicate their interest in auditioning.
6. Honors recitals are coming up right after Winter Break. Honors singers should check the Honors Program page of this website for information and required forms.
7. Disney music packets and practice tracks will be sent via Google drive to singers traveling to Florida in February. Students will need to prepare much of the music for the trip outside of school. As a reminder, mandatory rehearsals are:
Tuesday, Jan. 22 6-8pm (Student/Parent meeting 8-8:30pm)
Tuesday, Jan. 29 6-8pm
Wednesday, Feb. 6 11:30-3pm (release day) *bring a lunch
Tuesday, Feb.12 6-8pm
The Natick High School Choir Program is comprised of four ensembles: Concert Choir, West Street Singers, Men's Choir, and Chamber Singers. Our program is based on four tenets: Discipline, Passion, Community, and Excellence.
Singers perform throughout the year in formal concerts and community events. Each spring, select ensembles are adjudicated as part of the MICCA Festival. The choirs, along with NHS Bands, travel each year. Past trips have included performances at Walt Disney World, Tennessee, and most recently, Iceland.
Members of the choral department participate in Eastern Districts and All State Festivals as well as perform in theatrical productions, play in the NHS Bands, and perform outside of school. Some students in the department study at an Honors level, meaning they participate in voice lessons or an outside choral ensemble and perform in student recitals.