Orangethorpe Multiage Program
Welcome to the Multiage Collaborative Learning Community parent participation program at Orangethorpe Elementary School in Fullerton, California.
The Orangethorpe Multiage Collaborative Learning Community is a public school program started over 40 years ago with a proven track record for educating young minds and helping them become caring, lifelong learners.
These unique classrooms give K-3rd and 4th-6th grade students a creative, secure learning environment where children develop skills to help them become independent, self motivated life long learners.
Our multiage program develops the “whole child” through 21st Century Learning, individualized curriculum, and collaboration among children to develop problem solving, social and cognitive skills.
- This program provides the solution for families who yearn for:
- A sense of community that continues year to year
- Individualized curriculum tailored for each child
- A strong sense of connection between home and school
- Freedom from the pressure of traditional classrooms- without sacrificing academic achievement or goals
- We value our classroom as a learning community and believe that children benefit from a variety of family mentors and peer relationships.
- We value skilled teachers who engage students at all levels, are trained adapt instruction to multiple learning styles, and have a passion for empowering the whole child.
- We value each child’s uniqueness and believe that when given the opportunity to direct their own experiences, student engagement and learning increases.
- We value instructional practices that honor diverse learning styles and incorporate Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Creativity, and Communication preparing students for future academic endeavors.
- We value meeting the individual learning needs and interests of students as we guide them through the California Common Core State Standards and assessments.
- We value the development of intrinsically motivated learners through intentional grouping of ages and maturity levels
1400 S. Brookhurst
Fullerton, CA 92833
Phone: (714) 447-7730