Earn college credit while attending high school
The purpose of dual credit shall be to promote enrichment and advanced learning opportunities for the students of Marshfield High School. This will enable junior and senior students of MHS the opportunity to receive both high school and college credit for classes taken through agreements approved by the Marshfield School District and individual colleges and universities. Dual credit classes that are offered through MHS will be at the expense of the student.
1. Students must meet the entrance or pre-requisite requirements of the college granting credit and the Missouri Coordinating Board for High Education.
2. Students must have the approval of the Marshfield High School principal.
3. Students must have the approval of parents or guardians, signified by the signing of the Parent/Student/School agreement.
College Credit Transfer:
- Marshfield High School will not be held responsible for the transfer of college credit. The transfer of college credit rests with the receiving institution. Marshfield High School cannot guarantee transfer of credit for another institution. It is the student’s responsibility to research if and how credits will transfer from one institution to another.
- To aid in helping your determine if your credit will transfer, the counseling department has recorded a screen cast demonstrating how to check transfer equivalencies at a couple of universities. You can find that video at the following link: https://goo.gl/vniXjt
Drury University's DUAL CREDIT REQUIREMENTS:
Requirements for dual credit at Drury University as of January 2018:
Juniors and seniors must have EITHER a 3.0 GPA OR an 18 or higher composite score on the ACT.
Sophomores must have BOTH a 3.0 GPA AND a 21 or higher composite on the ACT or other nationally recognized standardized test.
Cost is $70/credit hour (as of spring 2018). Fall Payment Due: October 1st, Spring Payment Due: February 15th
DRURY UNIVERSITY'S DUAL CREDIT COURSES (seated and online)
Missouri State University's Dual Credit Requirements
Requirements for dual credit at Missouri State University as of January 2018:
Students must have a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
Have an ACT composite score of 21 or higher (or equivalent PSAT or SAT score)
Be recommended for admission by a high school counselor, principal, assistant principal, or superintendent.
Have permission of a parent or legal guardian.
Missouri State University's Dual Credit Classes (seated only)
- Ag. Building & Construction I & II- AGR 108: Topics in Agriculture (1 credit hour)
- Ag Management I & II - AGR 108: Topics in Agriculture (1 credit hour)
- Animal Science - AGR 108: Topics in Agriculture (1 credit hour)
- Horticulture - AGR 108: Topics in Agriculture (1 credit hour)
- Natural Resources - AGR 108: Topics in Agriculture (1 credit hour)
- Veterinary Science - AGR 108: Topics in Agriculture (1 credit hour)