Millburn High School

Presents the

Student Center

The Student Center provides brief, supportive, solution focused counseling services to students in areas that affect and/or impact their education.

The Student Center staff include:

  • Shannon Dahse, Student Assistance Coordinator- Extension 10033,
  • Linda Randazza, School Psychologist- Extension 10034,

Location: Room 114

The Student Center is open from 7:30am - 3pm on school days. Other times may be available by appointment.

The Student Center staff recognizes the importance of student attendance to their academic classes. Therefore, students are encouraged to drop in during a study hall, before school, after school or during their lunch time.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What types of student concerns or issues do you address at the Student Center?

A: The concerns that the Student Center can address are typically school-based concerns that are impacting a student's ability to function adequately in school in some area(s), that may include academic stress, coping skills, or social relationships. Sometimes, a student may need more intensive services than what brief school-based counseling can provide. If this is the case, the student's parent is contacted to discuss the concerns as well as resources that are appropriate to meet the student's needs.

Q: How does a student make an appointment?

A: There are a number of ways for students to make an appointment at the Student Center.

1- Stop in to Room 114 and speak to Ms. Dahse or Mrs. Randazza

2- Fill out a form & place it in the appointment box which is located in the outer space of room 114

3- Email or

Q: How does a parent make an appointment?

A: Parents can contact the Student Center staff by calling or emailing Ms. Dahse or Mrs. Randazza to make an appointment.

Linda Randazza- 973-564-7130 ext. 10034 ;

Shannon Dahse- 973-564-7130 ext. 10033;

Q: What happens if a staff member has a concern about a student?

A: When a teacher or other staff member has a concern about a student, there are a number of potential actions that can occur. In most cases, the guidance counselor and/or an administrator is made aware of the concern. The guidance counselor and/or administrator may gather additional information about the concern and determine whether a referral to the Student Center is appropriate. Other courses of action may include a referral to the Intervention and Referral Services (I&RS) team; staff and/or parent consultation; referral to an outside support service, etc.

The MHS Student Center provides counseling services to support students in areas that affect and/or impact their education. The purpose of this website is to provide information regarding mental health topics. The supports listed in this website are suggestions that can be utilized.