Upcoming Local Events
Our next hot topics rounds will be on will be OCTOBER 9 at the David Braley Health Sciences Centre (DBHSC; 100 Main St. W., Hamilton, ON) from 7-9pm.
- Session 1 - CE diploma candidates - During this session trainees will have an opportunity to talk about their project ideas and updates in a "Speed dating" format. It will be fun and exciting.
- Session 2 - Connecting Theory to Practice - Dr. Teresa Chan
Upcoming #MedEd Conferences
International Conference on Residency Education (Oct 18-20, 2018 - Halifax, NS)
Simulation Summit (September 28-29, 2018 - Ottawa, ON)
The Generalists in Med Ed conference (November 1-2, 2018 - Austin, TX)
AAMC/RIME Conference (November 2-6, 2018 - Austin, TX)
Developing Medical Educators of the 21st Century (Feb 25-26, 2018 - San Francisco)
Canadian Conference on Medical Education (April 13-16, 2019 - Niagara Falls, ON)
AMEE Conference (Austria Center Vienna, 24-28 August 2019)
Key Admissions Dates
- Feb 15, 2019 - Admissions open
- Early March, 2019 - Open House (DBHSC, 6:30-9pm - DATE TBA)
- April 15, 2019 (Midnight) - Admissions close
- May 2019 - Interview Offers
- May-June 2019 - Interviews
- June 2019 - Offers of Admission
- September 2019 - Start!
Insight U - CSBL Rounds
Insight U is a set of rounds that is organized and coordinated by Dr. Sandra Monteiro, Assistant Director, Research at the Centre for Simulation Based Learning (CSBL). They occur monthly, on the 3rd Wednesday at 5pm in the CSBL 1M conference room.
Other McMaster Resources
The following are other McMaster resources that will help enhance your AFC training.
Course work or attendance to faculty development workshops through MERIT (McMaster [FHS Program for] Education Research, Innovation, and Theory) or Program for Faculty Development (PFD) can be counted towards your required formal learning activities.
Click on the links to find out more about: