CPHS Counseling Services
Course Change Requests are due by August 1, 2019 at 4:00 PM. BEFORE submitting requests on the form below, click on the appropriate course selection sheet to look at available courses. Please do not email counselors with requests.
- 9th grade course selection sheet
- 10th grade course selection sheet
- 11th-12th grades course selection sheet
- Schedule Change Request form
Counselors return to the office in late July.
Summer School information is on the LISD website.
Post-Grad Help is available June 17 - July 18 while CPHS Counselors are out for summer. Graduates can contact the 2 available Counselors for assistance with last minute college / career needs.
About Our Department
The Counseling Department doors are always open to parents and students to help meet your needs. Some of the specific services offered by the department are below, but please never hesitate to come to us first if you have a question or need direction. We are here to support you any way we can.
College and career planning
- We will meet with your students each year to focus on current goals to keep students on track for success.
- We ask that parents take part in a yearly one-on-one conference with the Counselor and student to discuss student progress and future plans.
- Seniors: September
- Juniors: October-November
- Sophomores: January-February
- Freshmen: February-March
- Counselors will meet with each student individually in late fall / early spring to plan for the next year.
- Students in crisis can seek support through the Counseling Office and counselors will work with families to provide the appropriate resources based on individual cases.
- Whether it is a conflict with a friend or a death in the family, the counselors are here to support students and families as needed.
- The answer may not always be at the school, but we can direct families and students to the resources that will need their needs.
We encourage students to self-advocate prior to parent intervention. Parents can support their student in this by discussing what steps they should take to seek support for their needs. Please contact us with any questions that you may have.