Jackson Public School District | Office of Instructional Technology
Summer 2017 Professional Development
- The JPS Instructional Development Department will be offering face-to-face summer professional development sessions beginning the week of May 30, 2017. All sessions are from 8:30 - 3:30. CEUs will be available for purchase for all courses!
- All registrations MUST be completed online using the calendar registration system. A direction video is posted below and at this link to help with registration. Click here to go directly to the Instructional Technology calendar!
- There is one SPECIAL summer offering that carries a stipend. Please read the details below on this page carefully if you choose to participate! The Power of Data is July 26-28 and is VERY COOL!
Course Dates and Times
The Power of Data Workshop
- Participants will learn how to use geospatial Inquiry to enhance learning. It is sponsored by Northern Arizona University and the National Science Foundation and is limited to fifteen 6th-12th grade in-service teachers. Participants must attend a 35-hour blended learning workshop consisting of 5 days of face-to-face classes ( 3 days in July and 2 Saturdays to be announced in the fall) and homework. In addition, participants are to deliver a lesson, collect data and complete evaluation activities. Upon completion of all items, participants will receive a $400 stipend from Northern Arizona University. CEUs will be available for purchase.
- NOTE: If you cannot commit to all items please do not register for the class. This is part of a research project and we must adhere to the grant guidelines in order for stipends to be paid.
- Get Activ with Promethean! (.6 CEUs) - June 26, July 17
- SMARTboard Basics for the Interactive Classroom - June 19, July 18
- Using Office 365 to Connect Learning (.6 CEUs) - July 25
- Teaching with Technology 3.0 (.6 CEUs) - May 30
- Using Google Tools to Improve Teaching and Learning (.6 CEUs) - July 20
- Creating Free Classroom Videos with Your Windows Computer (.6 CEUs) - June 8
- Becoming a JPS Canvas Certified Educator (.6 CEUs) - May 31
- Become a Code Warrior – No Battle Experience Required! (.6 CEUs) - June 6
- Using Chromebooks in the Classroom (.6 CEUs) - June 14
- Power of Data - STIPEND - July 26-28, 8:30 - 3:30 Daily!
Summer Technology Course Registration
All registrations MUST be completed online using the calendar registration system on the Jackson Public School District web site. A direction video is posted below to help with registration. Click this link to go directly to the registration calendar!