aka Paper Car Project
1. Download this worksheet -->
2. Use the following powerpoint to answer the questions on the worksheet, up to #3 under the "Design Problem: Paper Car.
3. Follow the instructions on the worksheet. Once you have come up with and sketched at least 3 paper car ideas, choose 1 of your designs and use page 2 of the worksheet to plan it out in more detail. Draw the top view and side view of your car and include measurements for width, height, and depth.
4. Once the teacher has approved your drawing, you may build your car. Remember, you may only use the following materials:
- White glue (no filling your car with glue!)
- 2 axles
- 4 wheels
- 1 sheet of construction paper, 12x18 inches
- Optional: drinking straws may be used to house the axles, but may NOT be used anywhere else!
5. You car must be between 4.5 - 5 inches long, 1.5 inches or more tall, and about 1.75 inches wide.
6. If you miss the race or don't have a car to race, you will not be able to make that up.