Why GM chose Chromebooks:
- Cost: It is reasonably priced
- Portability: Size of the device allows for comfortable visibility and minimal weight in backpacks
- Durability: Rugged enough for daily student use
- Battery longevity: 11 hours
- Usage: Supports and facilitates use of G-Suite for Education
Lenovo N23 Chromebook Specs
The Lenovo N23 Yoga Flip notebooks are purposely designed for the K-12 market with ruggedized features, combining reinforced ports, stronger hinges, a spill-proof keyboard, and anti-peel keys to protect the system in the classroom. The device has a touchscreen and works with the Google Play Store Apps which will increase it's functionality and it boasts generous memory and storage.
- Price includes additional pre-installed district safety and management software.
- Screen Size: 11.6" touchscreen
- Screen Resolution:1366 X 768
- Processor: MediaTek MTK 8173C
- RAM: 4GB
- Hard Drive: 32GB SSD
- Webcam: Yes, 720p
- Video Output: 1 x HDMI, no VGA
- Wireless: 802.11 ac (2 x 2)
- Ethernet Port: none
- USB Port: USB 3.0 and USB-C
- Additional Ports: SD card, combo mic/audio jack
- Battery: 44 Whr, up to 10 hrs
- Dimensions:11.65" x 8.11" x 0.83"
- Weight: 3 lbs.
What if I don't want that device?
Purchase a different device from a store of your choice OR use an existing device
- Must meet minimum requirements
- Teachers won't be able to enroll the device in the classroom management system, (LanSchool) ensuring the safety and integrity of your student while online.
- Not allowed for state-mandated testing
- Teachers can't troubleshoot issues with device
- Parents and students will need to sign additional contracts in order to allow device to be used on school wifi
- No educational apps automatically pushed out to the device
- No warranty through the school