1:1 Chromebook Initiative
Green Mountain High School
GMHS is committed to preparing students to be college and career ready; communication, creativity, collaboration, and critical thinking skills are essential to thrive in the 21st century. This is why we are launching a 1:1 Chromebook initiative for each student to have their own device starting with the 2017-2018 school year. All students in 9th grade will be required to purchase a Chromebook from the school to use for educational purposes. Having ongoing access to technology will allow our students to consistently practice and apply those 21st century skills, and prepare them for a variety of post-secondary options.
Benefits of 1:1 education instruction
- Gives students real world technology experience and application needed for future careers and/or college.
- Encourages increased creativity, communication, collaboration and critical thinking skills through assignments that are not possible without technology.
- Allows teachers to differentiate lessons to meet students at various stages of learning.
- Enables teachers to collect instant data on student learning and immediately adjust instruction accordingly.
- Customizes learning through the use of a variety of technological tools.
Benefits of purchasing a device from GMHS
One of the biggest concerns for parents and teachers is ensuring the safety of students online and making sure students are actively engaged in class. Chromebooks that are purchased through the school will have software that allows teachers to monitor all student screens, turn all screens off in order to minimize distractions, and project student work to the front of the room. See video for a demonstration.
- One-time fee of $207.50 for all incoming freshmen
- Device will be managed by Jeffco for added security
- Wifi automatically connects to the fastest network (Internal vs Instructional)
- Educational apps can be pushed out to all student devices
- Students can take state-mandated tests on their device
- Students will keep the device over school breaks and summers, making learning a year-round activity
- Students can personalize the device
- Consistency for all teachers and students
- Device warranty and repair through the school
- Students keep the device when they leave the school