Programming Arduino with colorimeter firmware
Note: If you received a pre-programmed Arduino with your colorimeter kit you can skip this step.
- Download the Arduino colorimeter firmware from here:
- Unzip the downloaded repository to a known location. Inside you should see the folder called “firmware”.
- Connect your Arduino board to the computer, start the Arduino IDE (installation instructions available at http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/HomePage) and open the main firmware file “firmware.ino”. This file should compile without needing to download additional libraries.
- Select the Arduino Uno board model
- Select the serial port it is using (under “Tools” menu of the Arduino IDE)
Upload the colorimeter firmware to the Arduino board. More detailed instructions for using the Arduino IDE can be found at http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/Environment