Installing the open source software
Download the software for your choice of Operating System (Windows, Mac or Linux). For Windows and Mac OS the files are provided as pre-compiled binaries so that they can be launched immediately after download.
Pre-compiled binary (version 0.2) for Windows - https://bitbucket.org/iorodeo/colorimeter/downloads/colorimeter-v04.exe
- A guide to getting started with Arduino on Windows: http://arduino.cc/it/Guide/Windows#toc4.
- May require installation of Arduino drivers. See http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/Windows for more information.
Pre-compiled binary for Mac OS X (10.8 and greater) - https://bitbucket.org/iorodeo/colorimeter/downloads/colorimeter-v04.dmg
- Requires Mac OS version 10.8 or higher.
- There is a known issue with the precompiled binary on MacBook Pros with Core 2 Duo processors.
- A guide to getting started with Arduino on Mac OS X can be found here: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/MacOSX
- Instructions for installing from source can be found here: http://archive.iorodeo.com/content/installing-colorimeter-software-source-mac-os
Python Source Package (Recommended for Linux)
Source package for Python software. Includes serial communications library and a suite of GUI based programs for using the colorimeter. Installation instructions can be found on this page.
The software suite is divided into 3 standalone programs: