1ST STAGE

Classes for 5-8 year olds

1ST STAGE is a program to introduce youngsters to performing! The class will focus on singing, dancing and movement, listening and rhythm games, speaking, acting and improvisation. Students will also be preparing for the Class Showcase, a short presentation of what they have learned through the semester. The goal is to help children learn from both the instruction as well as the experience of performing.

Classes: There are approximately 10 weekly classes in a semester (some variation each semester). Classes last 90 minutes and are held at the same location as 2ND STAGE rehearsals. Start times coincide with the beginning time of 2ND STAGE rehearsals. Dress rehearsals and Class Showcase fall inside the times that 2ND STAGE is at the performance venues. See complete schedule below.

Age Requirement: All students must be 5 to 8 years old on September 1 to register for both semesters. Students who turn 5 between September 2 and January 1 may register for Spring semester only.

Fall Semester

Grand Rapids

CLASSES:

    • Tuesdays, 8:30am - 10:00am (during 2ND STAGE rehearsal which runs 8:30-11:00).
    • September 11-November 6
    • Home School Building, 5625 Burlingame Ave SW, Wyoming MI 49509

DRESS REHEARSAL:

  • November 13, 5:30pm - 6:30pm, at Caledonia High School

CLASS SHOWCASE:

  • November 16, 7:15pm (6:30 arrival) at Caledonia High School

*some details may adjust slightly as venues are confirmed

Kalamazoo

CLASSES:

DRESS REHEARSAL:

  • November 8, 5:30pm - 6:30pm at Comstock Community Auditorium

CLASS SHOWCASE:

  • November 9, 7:15pm (6:30 arrival) at Comstock Community Auditorium

*some details may adjust slightly as venues are confirmed

Lansing

CLASSES:

    • Fridays, 9:00am - 10:30am (during 2ND STAGE rehearsal which runs 9:00-10:30)
    • September 7-November 9
    • Olivet Baptist Church, 5545 W Willoughby Rd, Lansing MI 48911

DRESS REHEARSAL:

  • Thursday, November 15, 5:30pm - 6:30pm at Holt Junior High

CLASS SHOWCASE:

  • November 17, 7:15pm (6:30 arrival) at Holt Junior High

*some details may adjust slightly as venues are confirmed

Spring Semester

Grand Rapids

CLASSES:

  • Tuesdays, 8:30am - 10:00am (during 2ND STAGE rehearsal which runs 8:30-11:00).
  • January 15 - March 12
  • Home School Building, 5625 Burlingame Ave SW, Wyoming MI 49509

DRESS REHEARSAL:

  • Thursday, March 14, 5:30pm - 6:30pm, at Caledonia High School

CLASS SHOWCASE:

  • Saturday, March 16, 5:15pm (4:30 arrival) at Caledonia High School

*some details may adjust slightly as venues are confirmed

Kalamazoo

CLASSES:

DRESS REHEARSAL:

  • Friday, March 22, 5:30pm - 6:30pm at Comstock Community Auditorium

CLASS SHOWCASE:

  • Saturday, March 23, 5:15pm (4:30 arrival) at Comstock Community Auditorium

*some details may adjust slightly as venues are confirmed

Lansing

CLASSES:

  • Fridays, 9:00am - 10:30am (during 2ND STAGE rehearsal which runs 9:00-10:30)
  • January 4 - March 1
  • Olivet Baptist Church, 5545 W Willoughby Rd, Lansing MI 48911

DRESS REHEARSAL:

  • Friday, March 8, 5:30pm - 6:30pm at Holt Junior High

CLASS SHOWCASE:

  • March 9, 5:15pm (4:30 arrival) at Holt Junior High

*some details may adjust slightly as venues are confirmed

Tuition Rates for StageWorks

scroll down to register online

Tuition for StageWorks is based upon the number of semesters for which a family is registering. The semester rate is defined as the total number of semesters for which you are registering, regardless of whether those semesters are for multiple students in one semester or the same student in multiple semesters. The amount of "semesters" applies across StageWorks (1ST STAGE and 2ND STAGE) but NOT Mainstage tuition.

Example: If you submit a registration for 2 of your children in both semesters of 2ND STAGE and 1 child for only the fall semester of 1ST STAGE, you will receive the 5 semester rate (2 semesters of 2ND STAGE x 2 children, plus 1 semester of 1ST STAGE).

If you end up contacting us within 10 days of submitting your registration to let us know you've changed your mind in any way, we will make adjustments as needed. After 10 days, if you decide to add 1 additional semester you will be charged the 1-semester rate for that registration. If after 10 days you decide to drop a student from a semester, the 70% which has been paid will not be refunded; however, the remaining 30% due will be adjusted.

Tuition includes a show t-shirt for each cast member and complimentary tickets to one performance for immediate family.

1 semester rate: $190

2 semesters rate: $340 when purchased together (savings of $20 per semester)

3 semesters rate: $435 when purchased together (savings of $45 per semester)

4 semesters rate: $480 when purchased together (savings of $70 per semester)

5 semesters rate: $550 when purchased together (savings of $80 per semester)

6 semesters rate: $600 when purchased together (savings of $90 per semester)

7 semesters rate: $665 when purchased together (savings of $95 per semester)

8 semesters rate: $720 when purchased together (savings of $100 per semester)

9 semesters rate: $765 when purchased together (savings of $105 per semester)

10 semesters rate: $850 when purchased together (savings of $105 per semester)

11 semesters rate: $935 when purchased together (savings of $105 per semester)

12 semesters rate: $1020 when purchased together (savings of $105 per semester)

Rate adjustments for additional students, cancellations, refunds will only be accommodated within 10 days of purchase.

After 10 days from a purchase, additional purchases will not be combined with the prior purchases, and will be billed at the listed rate.

70% of total fee is due upon registration. Cancellations after 10 days will NOT be refunded, but the remaining 30% will not be due.

We encourage you to delay registering if some aspect is still unknown (for instance if a family member is waiting to see if cast in a Mainstage show) so you can take full advantage of the discounts upon registration.

Discounts apply across StageWorks tuition (1ST STAGE & 2ND STAGE) but not Mainstage tuition.