I can connect to the HPS wireless network but have no internet
If you are successfully connected to the HPS network but have no internet please try the following:
- Open a web browser and visit a page without HTTPS security (google, bing, etc. will not work).
You may have no internet because you have no yet authenticated, typically the authentication page will pop up once you connect to the wireless, however some devices only find the page after opening a web browser.
- Disconnect/forget the HPS network and re-connect.
- Have you moved to a different location since you were able to connect? Turn your Wifi on your device off and back on after waiting a few seconds.
Depending on your device's wireless radio your device may stay connected to a wireless access point that is no longer in your range. Even though your device shows it's connected it may be out of range. Turning the wireless off and back on forces the device to connect to the nearest wireless access point.
My credentials are not working on the authentication for the wireless/ I am receiving "Access Denied"
- Ensure you are using the correct credentials. The username and password to log onto the wireless are your computer credentials.
This username is your last name, first initial, last two digits of your year of graduation - Ex: SmithT23). Do not include @hopedaleschools.org, that is for your email account only.
- Try logging onto a Hopedale computer, if you are able to log on successfully there, you should be using the same username/password to log onto the wireless.
- If you are using an iPhone or iPad you may have bad cached wireless credentials on your device. You can easily reset this by going to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings
This may remove all saved wifi passwords you have on your device (such as your home wifi password) as a precaution before performing this action.