Grade 7 Math
5 Numeracy Strands
Number Sense & Numeration
- represent, compare, and order numbers, including integers;
- demonstrate an understanding of addition and subtraction of fractions and integers, and apply a variety of computational strategies to solve problems involving whole numbers and decimal numbers;
- demonstrate an understanding of proportional relationships using percent, ratio, and rate.
- report on research into real-life applications of area measurements;
- determine the relationships among units and measurable attributes, including the area of a trapezoid and the volume of a right prism.
Geometry & Spatial Sense
- construct related lines, and classify triangles, quadrilaterals, and prisms;
- develop an understanding of similarity, and distinguish similarity and congruence;
- describe location in the four quadrants of a coordinate system, dilatate two-dimensional shapes, and apply transformations to create and analyse designs.
Patterning & Algebra
- represent linear growing patterns (where the terms are whole numbers) using concrete materials, graphs, and algebraic expressions;
- model real-life linear relationships graphically and algebraically, and solve simple algebraic equations using a variety of strategies, including inspection and guess and check.
Data Management & Probability
- collect and organize categorical, discrete, or continuous primary data and secondary data and display the data using charts and graphs, including relative frequency tables and circle graphs;
- make and evaluate convincing arguments, based on the analysis of data;
- compare experimental probabilities with the theoretical probability of an outcome involving two independent events.