Integrated Math 2B
This is the main page for the first trimester of Integrated Math II. Integrated Mathematics II is the second course of a three course sequence including Mathematics I, II, and III. This course satisfies the California State Common Core Standards for Integrated Math II. The overall focus of the course is to:
- Extend the laws of exponents to rational exponents.
- Compare key characteristics of quadratic functions with those of linear and exponential functions.
- Create and solve equations and inequalities involving linear, exponential, and quadratic expressions.
- Extend work with probability.
- Establish criteria for similarity of triangles based on dilations and proportional reasoning.
- Investigate and make conjectures about properties of common geometric shapes with special attention to regular polygons.
- Use constructions to further understanding of geometric proof.
- Use proportional reasoning to understand trig functions and their relation to each other.