Exploring Algebraic and Geometric Relationships
Section 1.1 Polygons
A “polygon bucket” will introduce you to a variety of basic polygons that you will describe, classify, and name according to their attributes, such as parallel sides and symmetry.
Section 1.2 Explore, Prove, Question, Conjecture
You will apply the investigative process as you ask questions and make and test predictions. You will represent a pattern of growth using tables, graphs, and equations, and you will make connections between expressions and geometric models. You will identify and describe important features of graphs.
- Desmos Activity- Pool Border Problem
- 1.2.1 Making Predictions and Investigating Results
- 1.2.2 Perimeters and Areas of Enlarging Patterns
- 1.2.3 Area as a Product and a Sum
- Quiz -1.2 Area as Product and Sum
- 1.2.4 Describing a Graph
Section 1.3 Angle Pair Relationships
You will identify and prove relationships between pairs of angles formed by intersecting lines and among sides and angles of triangles.
- Desmos Activity - Lines Transversals and Angles
- 1.3.1 Angle Pair Relationship
- 1.3.2 Angles Formed by Transversals
- 1.3.3 More Angles Formed by Transversals
- 1.3.4 Angles and Sides of a Triangle
- Theorem Graphic Organizer
- Quiz - 1.3 Angle Pair Relationships