Ms. Turner's Website
Click on the tab for your course. There you will find the following:
- Definitions I will post a list of terms you should have the definitions for in your notes.
- Homework I will post major assessments and any assignments which need to be completed at home, as well as the course outline.
- PowerPoints I will post the PowerPoints used in this course once we have completed the presentation.
- Links I will post links which may be useful in your course for major assessments or extension.
- Outcomes I have posted the outcomes from the Department of Education for your course.
Be sure to check PowerSchool often. All marks are updated regularly.
Assessment and Evaluation at Lockview
Teachers at Lockview High School use assessment as a tool FOR learning and AS learning, not just a tool OF learning.
Assessment FOR and AS learning provides students with feedback on “how they are doing and where they need to improve”. Assessment FOR and AS learning allows students some time for reflective learning and mastery. Rather than receiving a numerical mark on these pieces of work, students receive comments and descriptive direction/suggestions on these pieces of assessment, which allows students a chance to improve their performance before a numerical mark is assigned.
Members of our school community—students, staff and parents/guardians, need to see and understand the merits in our assessment and evaluation practices. Formative assessment is a means to develop skill and mastery, while summative assessment identifies for the learner their ‘level’ of ability/accomplishment in that particular assessment event. Since learning takes many forms and many variables influence learning, it is important to ensure that a student is working toward and to their potential, and that they have repeated opportunities to demonstrate this potential.