Fayette County School Corporation
Digital Learning Initiatives History
- CHS - Pilot, three iPads carts purchased for digital learning in English classrooms
- Replaced Acceptable Use Policy with Responsible Use of Technology Policy
- Providing optional accidental protection plan which limits family's financial responsibility for device damage/loss/stolen
- CHS - 1:1 take-home initiative, grades 9-12
- CMS - Repurposed CHS pilot iPads moved to CMS for classroom use, grades 7-8
- Innovation Planning Grant recipient - facilitating other school visits, teacher professional development, and 1:1 pilot for a team of CMS students
- CMS - 1:1 take-home pilot, grade 7 (approximately 100 students)
- CMS - Additional carts made available for CMS students for classroom use
- Elementary - Schools received five iPads for each K-6 classroom.
- At the start of the 2015-16 school year, a multi-phase plan furthered digital learning initiatives in the primary and intermediate grade levels. The objective of the plan was to incorporate blended learning in a three station rotation model e.g. small group instruction. IWBs allow teachers to create interactive digital lessons that studies have found increase student academic performance (Marzano & Haystead, 2009).
- CMS - 1:1 take-home initiative, grades 7-8
- Elementary - Schools received at least one cart of iPads.