"With Gmail, your email are stored safely in the cloud where you can get to them from any computer or device with a web browser. You can also quickly organize and find important email, add your professional signature to email you send, and read and draft email when you don’t have an Internet connection. "
Take 10 minutes to learn the basics of Gmail at https://gsuite.google.com/learning-center/products/gmail/get-started/.
"If you no longer need an email, you can delete it by selecting the trash can icon. Deleted email are moved to Trash and permanently deleted after 30 days. Archiving removes email from your inbox to keep it clutter-free. But, the email stays in your account so you can find them later. It’s like moving email into a filing cabinet for safekeeping, rather than putting them in a trash can."
Click the gear icon and select settings. From the general tab you can:
- Check the box to enable undo send and change the time to 30 seconds.
- Edit the stars you want to use to flag emails.
- Enable desktop notifications.
- Add a signature.
Click save changes at the bottom.
From the gear > settings > labs tab you can:
- Enable right-side chat.
- Enable Mark As Read button.
- Enable unread message icon.
Learn how to create contacts and contact groups at https://gsuite.google.com/learning-center/products/contacts/get-started/.
How to Export Your GroupWise Contacts
- Open the GroupWise program on your computer and log in. This will not work from a web browser.
- Click on the Address Book icon.
- Select the address book on the left, such as your name. Then right click the address book and select Export Book.
- Select an easy to find location.
- Name the file.
- Change the save as type to VCard (.vcf) and click Save.
- Login to your SFU Google account and access Mail.
- In the top left corner, click the down arrow next to mail and select Contacts.
- In the main menu on the left, click More and Import. (Click the three lines at the top if you don't see the menu.)
- Select CSV or vCard file.
- Click Go to Old Version. Then click Import Contacts. You might need to rename the group.