To sign up for any of the following opportunities, simply contact the person in the listing or email Mr. Maccarini at email@example.com and sign ups will be taken on a first emailed first signed up basis.
- CAREERS IN PHARMACY WORKSHOPS (6/22-6/26): The Western New England University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences offers opportunities for high school students to learn about careers in pharmacy and the pharmaceutical sciences through hands-on learning experiences. This day camp is open to high school students who demonstrate strong academic skills and an interest in pharmacy or the pharmaceutical sciences. June 22-26, 2020 8:45 a.m.–4:00 p.m. Western New England University No cost to participants. Apply online at wne.edu/pharmcamp.
- STUDENT PAINTERS PART/FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT: Student painters are looking for part-time marketers (6-8 hrs/wk) who are 16+ and full-time painters (35-40 hr/wk) who are 18+ in order to work a job paying above minimum wage this summer. NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. All training will be provided, you must have access to a car. Interested students should contact Brian Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call/text him at 413.356.0171.
- EMT FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (Ongoing): National Ambulance is based out of Springfield, MA and they are a full-service emergency medical transportation company. Becoming an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) is a fantastic stepping stone for anyone that sees themselves in the medical field somewhere down the road. National Ambulance has created a career pathway for individuals in need of job placement. This pathway enables them to start out as a wheelchair van operator. MUST be 18 years of age, possess a valid driver's license and a high school diploma! They will teach candidates everything they would need to know, and the training is paid for as well. From a wheelchair van operator, these kids can then go on to EMT school for a discounted price through our academy, and then if they choose to they may go on to Paramedic schooling (also for a discounted price) which is through our academy as well. Fore more information contact Alayna Anderson, from National Ambulance, at 413-654-6343.
- PAYING FOR COLLEG SEMINAR (4/7): We would like to invite you to the regional MEFA seminar, Paying the College Bill, which will take place at Longmeadow High School this year (we rotate between ELHS, Minnechaug, and LHS). Seminar: Paying the College Bill, Location: Longmeadow High School, Date: April 7, 2020, Time: 6:30 PM. For more information contact Amanda DeNardo, ELHS Guidance Counselor, at email@example.com
- COMMUNITY SERVICE (5/9): The E.L. Senior Center is having their Annual Post Office Food Drive and they are looking for students to help with loading and unloading the food truck on Saturday May 9th from 11am-6pm. You can sign up for part of the time or for the full time. Interested students should email Ms. Walz at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- COMMUNITY SERVICE 5K RUN or 1 MILE WALK (5/31): Rachels Table is hosting a 5k run or 1 mile walk fundraiser and every penny raised goes to feeding neighbors in Western MA and educating youth about alleviating and eradicating hunger. To sign up or learn more click here!
- COMMUNITY SERVICE (6/14): The Touch a Truck Carnival will be on Sunday, 6/14 at the Springfield JCC (Volunteering opportunities 10:30-3 OR 2:30-4, or both). Volunteers will be helping with various activities and stations. Interested student should contact Sonia Wilk, Director Youth and Family Programs, at email@example.com or 413-739-4715 ext. 332.
- NYLF SUMMER CAREER PROGRAMS (summer): Are you interested in Medical, Business, National Security, Law & CSI, Engineering, Aerospace, STEM, Law, Leadership, Culinary, or Gaming & Technology. If so, NYLF programs are designed to empower, engage, and equip next generation leaders to realize the power of their potential with amazing hands-on career exploration, state-of-the-art simulations, and experiences our alumni call “amazing” and parents call “transformational.” To learn more click here!
- NYLF MEDICAL CAREERS PROGRAM (summer): Future doctors and health care practitioners will enjoy an extraordinary opportunity to discover their passions through hands-on medical experience at NYLF Medicine. Over nine amazing days on the campus location of your choice, you will experience the collegiate lifestyle firsthand, learn from doctors, participate in an interactive curriculum led by advisors, visit a top medical school, test your medical knowledge during clinical skills rotations, and explore professional opportunities in the ever-expanding fields of medicine and health care among fellow high school students. Click here to learn more!
- PART TIME JOB/CAREER OPPORTUNITY (posted 1/15/20): Mackenzie Vault in East Longmeadow manufactures & designs urns for funeral professionals. They are looking to hire part time or full time employees in their growing business. This could also turn into a career opportunity for graduates. They have immediate openings in the finishing side of their business buffing, polishing, and packaging completed urns. Interested students should email Mr. Maccarini at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- COMMUNITY SERVICE (ongoing): Meadowbrook School in E.L. is looking for volunteers to work in the classroom with small groups of students facilitating number sense math games. The Meadowbrook School math coach would provide training to all volunteers before they begin working with students. This opportunity can be completed after school from approximately 200-245 on Monday thru Friday. This could also be an opportunity for an upperclassman with an independent study during the school day. Interested students should email Mr. Maccarini at email@example.com.
- PART TIME EMPLOYMENT (posted 12/5): MUST BE 17+ TO APPLY - Glenmeadow Retirement Community in Longmeadow is looking to hire some part time wait staff for their dining rooms. Their wait staff play an essential role in serving our residents and guests! They are seeking part time wait staff who can work as part of a team in a fast-pace environment. Shifts available: SHIFT 1) 7 hours per week – Thursday: 4pm – 7:30pm, Saturday: 11am – 2:30pm, SHIFT 2) 8 hours per week – Saturday (double) from 11am – 3pm AND 4pm – 8pm, SHIFT 3) 9 hours per week – Sunday, Monday and Thursday: 5pm – 8p, SHIFT 4) 10.5 hours per week – Sunday, Monday and Friday: 11am – 2:30pm. Duties include taking guests orders, entering orders into the computer, serving food to each diner, opening and closing side work and other duties as assigned. Candidates must be at least 17 years old. Please apply in person or online at https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=glenmeadow&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US
- PART TIME EMPLOYMENT (posted 10/28): DeNardo's in East Longmeadow is looking for delivery drivers. Any interested students should apply at DeNardo's on Maple Street.
- COMMUNITY SERVICE (ongoing): Bluebird Estates Retirement home in East Longmeadow is looking for a student or students that may be interested in running afternoon games and/or activities/crafts for an hour on Tuesdays and Thursdays preferably around 3/3:30. For more information, or to sign up, contact Lisa Abbagnaro at firstname.lastname@example.org
- CLIMATE PROGRAM : Alliance for Climate Education - educates young people on the science of climate change and empowers them to take action.
- COMMUNITY SERVICE (ongoing): The Children's Librarian at the East Longmeadow Public Library is looking for some high school students for shelving books, cutting out different things for storytime crafts, cleaning shelves and the toy area. Interested students should contact Mrs. Lemire at email@example.com
- COMMUNITY SERVICE (ongoing): The Program Director for the Dementia unit at Care One of Redstone Nursing Home in East Longmeadow is looking for some students who would be interested in volunteering some time at their Nursing Home. Volunteers would sit and talk with residents, read to them, play cards with them, paint nails, etc. They could also assist them with letter writing, or even participate in a group activity with them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Interested students should contact Tanya Sakowicz, Dementia Program Director at Care One at Redstone at 413-525-3336 ex 3282 or via email at TSakowicz@care-one.com
- COMMUNITY SERVICE (ongoing): Orchard Valley on Boston Rd. in Wilbraham would love to offer community service hours. They are an Assisted Living and Memory unit and are always looking for young people to join their volunteer team. There are many opportunities for all types of service, from sharing artistic talents, playing cards and games, arts and crafts, as well as some behind the scenes work like making posters, setting up parties, decorating for the holiday parties. They are also interested in starting up an intergenerational chorus ( maybe a Young at Heart type group) and are looking for students who are interested in journalism to assist with their monthly Newsletter and a yearbook. They have a very active programming department and are there 7 days a week! Any interested students should contact Kathy Florence at 413 596-0006 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT/CAREER OPPORTUNITY (18+): Connecticut Valley Artesian Well Co. is a third generation family run business located in East Longmeadow. They are looking to hire a full time pump and service technician. This position will assist service technicians in the installation and service of water well systems and water treatment equipment. Candidate should be mechanically inclined and hold a valid drivers license. On the job training will be provided - previous experience is NOT REQUIRED. The position is Monday through Friday year round with health insurance, vacation time, and sick time. Interested candidates should contact Mr. Dilk at 413.525.7656 or visit https://www.wellandpumpservice.com/ to learn more about the company.