Class of 2019
Sunday, June 2, 2019 - 11:30 a.m.
1525 West Lincoln Highway
DeKalb, IL 60115
- There is ample seating and no tickets are required
- Audience doors open at 10:30 p.m.
- Ceremony usually lasts about 1 hour and 15 minutes
- The ceremony will be live streamed through the NFHS network. The 2018 ceremony can be viewed here.
- Grad Images will take pictures of each student as they receive their diploma
- Bags will be checked as you enter the venue
- No strollers please
- No outside food or drink is permitted
- Arrangements for persons with disabilities from the NIU website:
- Guests with Special Needs
- Our commencement is general admission. The Convocation Center has ample seating space for those in wheelchairs. One family member will be able to sit next to the guest in a wheelchair, while the rest of the family will be able to sit in the rows just in front of this area.
- Guests will be responsible to bring any special equipment (wheelchair, walker, etc.) they may need.
- The Convocation Center is an arena where all the seating (except for ADA) is accessed via at least one step.
- To aid in understanding the setup of this venue, please consult the West End Stage seating info.
- Special Needs Parking
- Permanent spaces are designated for persons with disabilities. If you have a person that would like to be dropped off near the entrances, please let the parking staff know as you enter the drive of the Convocation Center. They will then direct you.
- All fees and fines must be paid to be eligible to participate.
- Caps and gowns will be distributed between 7:30 and 2:00 on May 29 and 30 in the Main Gym Lobby. Note: Students are measured for caps & gowns during their Senior Class Meeting at the start of the school year.
- To be eligible to participate you must attend:
- Graduation Group Meeting - Tuesday, May 28, 2019 @2:30 p.m. locations TBD
- Graduation Practice - Friday, May 31, 2019 @7:30 a.m. in the Main Gym
- The "Big Picture" class panoramic photo will be taken at Graduation Practice. Prints may be ordered at www.gradimages.com for 10 days (until June 10)
- Arrive at the ceremony at 10:30 a.m. You cannot enter the Convocation Center before this time.
- Do not bring cell phones, cameras, or purses.