Culver Community Schools
Back to School 2021 - 2022
CCSC has been working with our local health departments and other area school superintendents to design a plan to return as safely as possible to school on August 9, 2021. Weekly meetings are scheduled to maintain communication with the local health department to remain current with data and recommendations.
Isolation Recommendations For Students With A Positive Test
• Stay home for 5 days from test date
• Return to school on day 6 after test date if asymptomatic or symptoms resolving and can properly mask until day 10
• If unable to mask properly at all times, then the student must remain home in isolation for the full 10 days •
In order to participate in extracurricular activities on day 6 a mask must be worn properly at all times through day 10.
Virtual Learning Platform will be considered on an Individual Student Basis with a conference with parents and administrators before allowing student to be virtual during anytime for the 2021-22 school year.
TO MAKE OUR RETURN HAPPEN AND TO PREVENT THE FURTHER SPREAD:
Wearing a face covering when social distancing cannot occur is recommended for individuals who wish to reduce their risk of infection or is required by the school board/health department.
Wash your hands often.
Monitor your daily temperature and symptoms daily.
If you suspect you have COVID-19, please be tested to limit the spread.
Exposed to a positive COVID -19 case in class or outside class Fully vaccinated (received all doses of vaccine, including booster eligible):
• May remain in school as long as they are asymptomatic.
• Student must mask for 10 days. Quarantine ends 10 days after the last day of contact with a positive case.
• The student may participate in extracurricular activities. The student must mask while not actively playing or performing (while sitting on the bench or in the locker room) for all 10 days
Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated:
• Stay home, 5 days from last exposure. Quarantine ends 10 days after the last day of contact with a positive case
• Return on day 6 if asymptomatic. Student must mask days 6-10
• Students must mask days 6-10 while participate in extracurricular activities (while playing or performing)
OUR GOAL: ALL STUDENTS PHYSICALLY PRESENT IN SCHOOL.
Students are required to provide their own mask.
We are improving our HVAC systems in both buildings that will improve the air quality in the buildings allowing more fresh air in and circulate air through filters that are designed to improve air quality.
We have also replaced exterior doors which allows in the HVAC system to be most efficient.
We have changed flooring in some classrooms and areas to improve air quality.
TO ACHIEVE OUR GOAL:
We are taking the steps possible to increase the space in our classrooms, cafeteria, and hallways so that social distancing of 3-6 feet can be obtained.
We have moved Culver Youth Club to the Middle School to allow for more space at the elementary and provide them their own area to keep sanitized.
We are in the process of designing different areas for pick-up and drop-off to reduce congestion in hallways and increase social distancing in common areas.