At Gowan Science Academy, we are continuously looking for ways to improve instruction, engagement, and academic achievement. Through the implementation of school-wide goals focused on STEM integration and creating opportunities for our students to positively impact their community, our students are able to truly learn without limits inside and outside the classroom.
Student created video regarding 6th grade's community project.
Goals in Progress
- Continue to increase the amount of time teachers are integrating STEM in all K-6 classrooms
- Incorporate coding into lessons across grade levels
- Revise and update quarterly STEM unit plans
- Complete an annual community based project with an impact beyond the four walls of the classroom
- Earn AdvancedED Accreditation