Coders in Action
From Family Creative Coding Nights outside the classroom at LEARN South Charter School, to robotics activities inside the classroom, Elementary School teachers, parents, and students are creating the next generation of computer scientists right here at CPS.
The College Board has recognized ten CPS schools’ work to engage young women in computer science with their AP Computer Science Principles Female Diversity Award and AP Computer Science A Female Diversity Award, presented to schools with 50% or higher female representation in either or both of the two AP computer science courses, or whose percentage of young women examinees meets or exceeds that of the school’s population of young women.
Research shows that women are more likely to pursue computer science if they are given the opportunity to explore it in high school.
Congratulations to all of the educators working at these schools and around the district advocating for the needs of young women in computer science.
- Back of the Yards College Preparatory High School
- Chicago Military Academy at Bronzeville
- Curie High School
- Solorio Academy High School
- Gurdon S. Hubbard High School
- Infinity Math, Science & Technology High School
- Johnson College Prep
- Lane Tech College Prep High School
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. College Preparatory High School
- Whitney Young Magnet High School