AUDITIONS FOR THE 2020-21 SCHOOL YEAR
Thank you for your interest in Northwest School of the Arts!
It's not too late to audition for the 2020-21 school year! Summer auditions will be held August 2020 to fill any available seats. Click the link below to complete the Audition Request Form and follow the audition instructions below!
Please Follow The Audition Process Below:
1. Submit a request for Reassignment/Transfer Request for 2020-21 school year.
- You will be redirected to the form, after reading the information presented, select ENTER FORM.
- You will need the student ID and PIN, you will enter that information and the form will guide you through the next steps. (If your child is new to or returning to CMS they will not have an active CMS ID number and you must Enroll in CMS .)
- Choose your area @NWSA
- Under "reason" put "Transfer"
- Continue through the form until you get to the confirmation page and email the confirmation number to email@example.com .
2. Complete the online Audition Request Form.
- If your child is currently in a CMS school be sure to include the CMS ID number on the Audition Request.
- If your child is new to or returning to CMS (coming from charter, private, home school, out of state, etc...) they will not have an active CMS ID number. Instead you must:
- Enroll the student in CMS Schools for 2020-21. This is referred to as “future enrollment". Information on enrollment and deadlines can be found on the CMS Student Placement website. (IF YOU NEED HELP WITH FUTURE ENROLLMENT FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Write your child’s name on the Enrollment Receipt (scan and email documents to email@example.com)
3. Read your child's Audition Requirements so they can prepare for their audition or portfolio review.(PARENTS! IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ AND UNDERSTAND YOUR CHILD'S AUDITION REQUIREMENTS IN ORDER TO HAVE A SUCCESSFUL AUDITION)
4. Check your email for a message to schedule the audition. We will call if we are not able to reach you via email.
5. After your child's audition you will be emailed directions on how to obtain results and your next steps. Don't forget to print and sign the NWSA Magnet Compact Agreement for your records and scan and email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
We only have a general idea now of our available space. So much can change between now and the start of the year that we recommend that if your child wants to attend NWSA that they audition. Please communicate this with your child so they have realistic expectations and understand that a spot at NWSA is not guaranteed, even if they pass their audition.
We have space in the following grades as of now. We encourage interested students to audition.
- 6th, 9th, 11th , 12th have the most space, 8th and 10th have no wait list, 7th has a wait list