Support for families
Chief Joseph Elementary School PTO coordinates food backpacks to support our families dealing with food insecurity over weekends and extended breaks.
How can you help?
- Food donations are always welcome and extremely appreciated. Please check out our "Wish List" below.
- You may also make a tax-deductible financial contribution in support of the Backpack Program. Checks can be made out to Chief Joseph Elementary School PTO. We also love grocery store gift cards!
- Volunteers assemble and distribute these packs Thursday mornings. Wanna help? Sign up!
Backpack Program Wish List
Here are some examples of kid friendly "easy" foods (pop-top cans preferred!). We love high protein, easy to prepare food!
- Heat and Serve Meals (shelf stable)
- Peanut Butter
- Snack Mix
- Canned tuna or chicken
- Pasta sauce
- Instant oatmeal packets
- Pop Top Soup or Chili
- Peanut butter
- Granola or Fruit bars
- Mac and Cheese/Knorr Sides
To find out more about making donations or volunteering please contact us at email@example.com.