Costume Care & Washing
- Hand wash cold, line dry.
- Use a couple drops of Dawn dishwashing soap - NO SCENTS, use the original Blue Version if you must wash.
- Do not soak or leave wet in a pile.
- Do not wash in a machine. “Delicate” or “hand” cycles are not the same as hand washing.
- Do not use Arm & Hammer deodorant.
- Do not use Oxi-clean or any like boosters
- No hot water.
- No dryer.
- No iron.
- Do not dry clean.
- Cover your costume when using hair spray or perfume.
- Use Windex to get out grease or oil stains.
- Ring water out gently.
- Lay a towel out, place costumes on towel and then roll up. Press to soak up excess water, this may need to be done several times.
- Drap to dry over a chair. If able, place the chair over an air vent or in front of a box fan to circulate air.
- Do not throw in washer
- Scrub dirt off in sink - use a toothbrush to get into seams
- Set up to allow excess water to drip out
- Then take newspaper and stuff into shoes, this might take 1 or 2 pages depending on the size of shoe.
- Place on an air vent, soles up.
- Change newspaper daily till shoes are dry