Explore Engineering !
Appropriate for Students in Grades K-2
What do I need to do?
- Chose one of the following STEM problems!
- Design a solution to one of the problems!
- Be sure to use trial and error to come up with the best solution possible!
- Create a presentation to share your solution !
→ This can be on a science fair board OR a digital presentation.
Be Ready for STEM Expo…
- Be an expert - practice your presentation
- Tell how you solved the problem!
- Make sure you share what didn’t work!
- Make sure your presentation** is neat and attractive
** Parent help is requested and encouraged!
STEM CHALLENGES !!
- More Marshmallows PLEASE! - Who doesn’t LOVE hot chocolate with marshmallows? Create a catapult that tosses mini - marshmallows into a mug. Your goal is to create the most accurate marshmallow tosser!
- Bridging Fun - Using toothpicks and soft candy, build the strongest bridge you can. Test your bridge strength using household items. How much can your bridge hold?
- Parachuting Minifigure - Create the perfect parachute for a toy minifigure dropped from at least 10 feet. Minifigures like soft landings and lots of time to take in the view as they descend from their jump. Design a parachute that gives a minifigure the GENTLEST landing and the most amount of time in flight.
RESOURCES TO GET YOU STARTED!