APS Evaluator Resources
State Model Evaluation System
Aurora Public Schools has adopted the Colorado State Model Evaluation System developed by the Colorado Department of Education. CDE worked with a variety of stakeholders to design, develop and pilot the Colorado State Model Evaluation System. (Click HERE for 2017-18 Revised Teacher Rubric Pilot Information)
Evaluation Support Information
TO ACCESS ANY DOCUMENT: SELECT THE DOCUMENT- CHOOSE FILE-MAKE A COPY OR SELECT DOWNLOAD IF IT IS NOT A GOOGLE DOCUMENT. THIS WILL ALLOW YOU ACCESS TO SAVE A COPY TO YOUR DRIVE, FILL OUT FORMS, COMPLETE TEMPLATES ETC.
The Colorado State Model Evaluation System was guided by the recommendations by the State Council for Educator Effectiveness. The Rules and Regulations promulgated by the State Board of Education allow districts to choose to use the Colorado State Model Evaluation System OR create their own system as long as the system created adheres to state statute and rules.
Colorado's approach to engaging key stakeholders in the development of a new evaluation system was highlighted in an August 2012 case study by the National Comprehensive Center for Teacher Quality. To learn more, download the Colorado State Model Evaluation System fact sheet.
The development of the Colorado State Model Evaluation System was guided by five key priorities:
- Data should inform decisions, but human judgment will always be an essential component of evaluations
- The implementation and evaluation of the system must embody continuous improvement.
- The purpose of the system is to provide meaningful and credible feedback that improves performance.
- The development and implementation of the evaluation systems must continue to involve stakeholders in a collaborative process.
- Educator evaluations must take place within a larger system that is aligned and supportive.